NO OFFICE? NO PROBLEM!
Remote working has gone mainstream and the 2020 pandemic has accelerated the trend. With new technologies such as DOCUSIGN, ZOOM , etc. more business can be conducted remotely. Smart agents have begun using YouTube videos and Instagram to market their listings and generate buzz online to a much wider audience. Drone videos can make listings appear more visually impressive. Professional staging can turn a basic-looking abode into a striking showcase. All these techniques can be mastered from your laptop or smartphone, but if you are not tech-savvy, experts in the field can help you. A professional photographer can make your listing stand out from the crowd.
- Here are a few pointers to help you get the basics out of the way.
1) Make sure you have the right tech tools and adequate network service to get fast, "up-to-the-minute" information for yourself and your clients at all times. Get qualified professional help if you don't know how or where to start.
2) Set up a dedicated "work space" area in your home, away from noise and distractions. It is important to set something up that allows as much privacy and quiet as possible. Remind other people in your household that even though you are at home, you are still working. Separate your spaces as much as possible. Buy a pair of noise-canceling headphones. On conference calls, mute your microphone when you are not speaking so background noise is muted.
3) Familiarize yourself with applications such as WhatsApp, Facetime, Skype or Facebook Messenger or Zoom Cloud-Based Videoconferencing, then encourage your business contacts to use these free services. Remember, "face-to-face" communication always beats text messages or emails!
4) Try to maintain a schedule-start and end your work at the same time daily as if you were in a "regular" office. Be in your home office space when you are working, but leave it when you are not. Imagine that you have simply relocated your office to another building.
5) How will working remotely benefit me?
- Simply stated, avoiding unnecessary expenses will boost your revenue!
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org OR CALL (619)980-7325 if you have any questions.
Be a part of this exciting trend, JOIN our growing team of Independent Real Estate Professionals!